Purpose of role
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Internal Auditor is responsible for performing professional level accounting duties, performing research, and maintaining, analyzing, auditing and reconciling financial records.
Key Results/Accountabilities expected from the role
- Perform financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations.
- Identify key financial controls and control design gaps; includes understanding management review controls and information produced by the local entities and related documentation requirements.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Review and identify accounting processes improvement opportunities.
- Develop and document financial processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work with management to develop action plans and monitor the status of action plans to address control design and operating deficiencies.
- Assess compliance with financial regulations and controls by testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, budget and forecast, examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Coordinate day to day activities with various departments and the HQ to ensure minimal duplication of efforts.
- Assist various departments in accounting issues and queries.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Experience & Educational background & Expertise
- BS / BA Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ finance/audit experience with a corporate environment or consulting firm.
- Strong Excel capabilities (Noting Excel test is part of the recruiting process)
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Adept at working under pressure and within short time constraints
- Strong understanding of financial statements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong critical thinking analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and conclusive narrative reports.
- Superior communication (both written and verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
- Bilingual in English & Mandarin (fluency writing, reading and speaking). Dutch or other European language is a plus.
Thank you for your application, we will get back to you as soon as possible.